Watercress and Orange Soup
Preparation: 5 mins
Cooking: 20 mins
SW Info: ~2 syns for the lot, if using fromage frais
- 1 large onion
- 2 bags watercress (doesn't really matter about weight!)
- juice and zest of 1 large orange
- 600ml (~1¼ pints) vegetable stock
- 150ml single cream (or equivalent crème fraiche or fromage frais)
- 2 tsp cornflour
- small sprigs of watercress
- curls of orange zest
- Soften onion in a large pan, add watercress. Cover and cook for 5 mins.
- Add juice, zest and stock. Boil, then simmer for 10-15 mins.
- Process soup until smooth. Blend cream and cornflour and add to soup.
- Season and bring back to the boil, stirring constantly until thickened.
From some soup book somewhere